{Stus-List} Prop coating

Bill Coleman coltrek at verizon.net
Thu Feb 1 08:35:42 EST 2007

Speaking of MacLube, has anyone tried using that on a prop?  That Geocities
site mentioned a few suggestions for maintaining a prop,

<<Scrub propeller often.
Wrap plastic garbage bag over propeller if not going anywhere for a while.
Polish propeller to very shiny state.
Zinc oxide cream.
Teflon grease.
Bottom paint (primer first). >>

And also prefaced these suggestions with this:
 'Trying to keep barnacles off propeller (none of these work well; best
first)'

I never really thought of prop degradation until I saw the pictures of the
Gori the fellow was complaining about,
<http://new.photos.yahoo.com/haffiman37/album/576460762323533846/photo/29492
8803279341657/0>

I am also thinking of wiping silicone grease all over, and then wiping that
off. I think Silicone is the secret ingredient in RainX.

Bill Coleman
C&C 39

Henry try giving the bearings a good spray of Harken dry lube, this stuff
works great and lasts a good while. I spray it in my mast slot and on the
mainsail slugs, what a difference.
Allan
Drumroll
1988 30 Mk II