{Stus-List} LF 38 Shaft Log

N7FN at aol.com N7FN at aol.com
Wed Feb 14 12:22:02 EST 2007

Ok, I've figured out that the prop shaft is 1-1/8 inches diameter.   The
length of the packing box hose is 3 to 5 inches.  Inside diameter of  the packing
box hose is 2-1/4 or 2-1/2 inches.  Outside diameter of the  packing box hose
is 3 or 3-1/4 inches.  The size of the shaft packing is  3/16 or 5/16 inches.

Wal, your replacement Shaft Log is: 1-1/8" shaft, 2-1/4"  hose with 3/16"
packing.  I don't know how long the hose is.

I think the prior owner has replaced my log shaft with a 2-1/2" hose that  is
typically 5 inches long because the shaft is probably scored at the 3" to
4-1/2" position that is typically the length of a 2-1/4" hose.  The  clamps are
cutting into the hose and the hose is bulged out and looks like it is  to
large for the bearing and the log.

Can anyone help with the above measurements?   (Hose size  and packing size
for original shaft log)

Frank  Noragon
S/V Cool Change
C&C Landfall 38, #001