{Stus-List} mast and rigging checks

Alan-at-Home at comcast.net Alan-at-Home at comcast.net
Tue Feb 20 22:49:00 EST 2007

Check the wiring.  When I had my mast down I found zip cord (lamp wire) instead of ABYC approved wiring.  It's easy to pull the new wiring through by attaching it to the old wiring.  Check all of your bulbs  to make sure they're working.  check the bulb sockets for corrosion.  Wash the mast with soapy water and a mild abrasive.  (The white or blue Scotch Brite pads work fine, and they don't scratch.) After washing the mast, a coat of wax is all you need.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
From: David Knecht-charter <david.knecht at uconn.edu>