{Stus-List} Gelcoat cracking/blemishing at/below waterline - "fish eyes"?

Altrice34 at comcast.net Altrice34 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 28 22:11:40 EST 2007

Dennis, I bought a straight die grinder and use a plastic brush on a wheel to clean fittings and and polish rigging ends and the like on my mast. As I said mine was only $15, they were out of the ones for $8. I do not rmember if they had right angle. A friend on our dock got me onto die grinders.
I am surprised they only take 3 cfm. If this is correct I will go shopping for a compressor for home use.
Phil

From: "Dennis C." <captbuy at yahoo.com>

Wal, Phil,

Do you have a right angle die grinders or straight ones?  Which would be better.  Right angle?

I have an air compressor.  Should handle the 3 cfm and 90 psi needed.

Dennis

Wally Bryant <wal at wbryant.com> wrote:
Thanks Phil, it's good to know there's another die grinder fan out there.

Realistically, Dennis, you could rent a small air compressor, buy a hose
and die grinder and take your whole waterline down to laminate in a
day. I've watched people with "pox" on old Taiwan 50 foot hulls grind out
every pocket in less than a week using a die grinder with a 1/2" round
flat-head bit.

Grinding it down is easy. Filling and fairing is the time consuming part.

Wal