{Stus-List} Fw: Keel tuning?

Ross MacLennan rmaclennan at accesscomm.ca
Mon Mar 5 10:24:43 EST 2007

Ed
Buried in here is some of Greg's note's about the keel but it relates to the bottom as well >
IMHO Cary went way beyond the necessary with 12 coats of Interprotect etc. from what I know putting on more than one coat of some of the bottom paints doesn't do that much either .
Sanding to a very fine level ( 600) and then Greg "burnishes it yet may be where you might need to spend some time.

The question that always comes to my mind is when have you reached the level of bottom preparation that equates with your level of racing and also how much more can I gain by doing the next step.

Don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of smooth bottoms because it is one thing you can control before a race & then don't have to worry about it .

IMHO 4 coats of Interprotect plus one or 2 coats of a good anti-fouling paint should be sufficient .

BUT ...I don't have experience maintaining a boat in salt water so what do I know???

Ross MacLennan
C&C 24, Tobermory