{Stus-List} Vivid or Trilux bottom paints

cscheaffer at comcast.net cscheaffer at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 11:21:32 EDT 2007

I have to decide on bottom paint and will probably go with either Interlux's VC-Offshore or Ultra, but wonder about anyone's experience with Pettit's Vivid or Interlux's Trilux 33 or Interlux's Micron Oltima.  Looking for opinions on paint's effectiveness against slime in salt water, do you scrub bottom, do you sand? etc.

Chuck

From: "David Risch" <davidrisch75 at msn.com>

I second the Vivid choice...ablative buts sands sooooo smooooooth.  (totally stripped bottom prior to application...scraper for 80% orbital for the rest