{Stus-List} fuel filters

Dennis C. captbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 15:47:45 EST 2007

But....once back in calm water or at the slip, won't the crud settle to the bottom?  Any new crud formed over time may settle to the bottom also.  The boat could be used several times in fairly calm water with no problem.  But the next time the boat is used on rough water, the stuff will get stirred up and plug the filter.  And that's when you will REALLY need the engine!

  Prevention is really important for fuel systems.

rspence7 <rspence7 at cox.net> wrote:
  Not so!

True that the suspended crud will begin to clog the new filter, but also
true that you are pumping more fuel through the filter than you are using,
so clean fuel is returning to the tank. After a few filter changes on the
small tankage on our boats, you have basically clean fuel and the filter
will last longer. Always carry a few spares.

Roger