{Stus-List} Stolen Boat Found. (Morgans?)

jgarth4 at comcast.net jgarth4 at comcast.net
Mon Nov 5 19:03:20 EST 2007

In general I would agree with Dennis. Older Morgans were built like tanks and would stand up to anything. Unfortunately, after Charlie Morgan left the company, it had some financial troubles in the '80's and they had some issues with certain models. The 44 was one of them.  The issue with that particular boat was structural weakness around the main bulkhead and ribs in the mast area - cracked ribs, bulkhead separation, etc. Some of them were rebuilt, and these are probably okay. As I recall, this was a Nelson / Marek design and was fairly quick.