{Stus-List} How To Sail a 33-1 Faster?

Gary Nylander gnylander at atlanticbb.net
Sun Nov 18 12:36:57 EST 2007

I have the windward sheeting traveler on my 30-1. As this area is primarily light air, it is not the best combination. The mainsheet has to be pressing on the car to make it release, and in light air, there's not enough pressure to make that happen. It is designed for those who absolutely have to have the crew weight on the high side of the boat at all times, and on a 30-1, that only happens in 15+ breezes. Then it works OK. If I were to do it again, I would have the same car, but without the windward sheeting addition, and just lead the car adjustment lines to camcleats on the sides of the cockpit.

Gary