{Stus-List} Cockpit Speakers

Bill Bina billbina at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 20 15:52:32 EST 2007

I agree that cockpit speakers are nice. Just take into consideration
that most speakers, including ones labeled as "marine" can be pretty
vulnerable if you get pooped. You may find that you suddenly have two 6
inch diameter  holes in a very inconvenient location! I have a pair of
nice poly-planars, but I added a glassed in "box" behind them, so if
they get burst by a wave, the water hopefully won't go below. These
speakers are magnetically shielded, and have never cause any compass
trouble whatsoever. One of them is mounted directly behind the mount for
my tiller pilot.

Bill