{Stus-List} Dripless Shaft Seal verus Teflon Packing

Fred Hazzard fredh at ecsnw.net
Tue Oct 9 11:45:01 EDT 2007

A word of caution regarding the dripless shaft seals.  My 41 sank a few
years ago because the bellows was not compressed enough.  A small piece of
wood worked its way into the bellows and then between the stainless and
ceramic disks.  I parked it on a Sat afternoon and by 10 AM Sun. it was bow
down and foredeck awash.  The amount of compression on the bellows is
critical.  To much and it overheats.  To little and........

Fred Hazzard

C&C 44
Fury