{Stus-List} : Re: Dripless Shaft Seal verus Teflon Packing -Thanks

Tom Anderson tom at nonpareilracing.com
Mon Oct 22 07:51:26 EDT 2007

Sean,

I was going to chime in on this before, but for got to.  IMHO, you have gone
the correct route.  I was considering a dripless a couple of years ago, when I
had my transmission out until a friend mentioned to me that basically if the
dripless fails, you then have a open hole in the bottom of the boat!  With the
number of times I have been offshore in my boat, that is one thing I don't want
to be worried about.

Let me know how the drivesaver goes.  I've considered intalling one.

Tom Anderson
C&C 32 Nonpareil
Marblehead, MA

Hauling 11/5:(