{Stus-List} creaky deck

rspence7 rspence7 at cox.net
Wed Oct 24 23:34:24 EDT 2007

Sam,  Specifically where is it creaking???

Mine, and others, creaked on the starboard side, aft of the chainplates.
Moisture meter said no problem.
I chalked it up to the fact that C&C made four interior layouts, basically
using one interior liner mold, with specific changes around the
head/separate shower combo; galley and aft cabin arrangement,
Where my '84Mk4 creaked was at the forward end of the vestigal shower
compartment that had been included in the Mk1 head with shower arrangement.

???Perhaps there was an early interior support that was eliminated in later
boats???

Another thought I had was that the underdeck mounted chainplate supports
needed to be slightly adjusted to balance the rig loads to the interior tie
rods which tie to the beefy longitudinal stringers behind the seat cushion
backs; so that maybe the deck was a wee bit high to where it should be to
stop creaking when extra deck weight was applied.

Never looked further, as I didn't consider it a problem, nor did two
surveyors!

Roger