{Stus-List} Engine trouble

DDR dad1 at rogers.com
Fri Feb 1 23:31:04 EST 2008

Jeff
My experience is that if you rebuild /repair the valve train on an older
engine that you will probably get about a year (Maybe 2 ) out of it
before the bottom end goes .
The refurbished head will add additional strain (combustion pressure)to
the old piston rings and also the bearings and eventually the oil
pressure will drop to below acceptable limits .
Thats why they are not advising this route as most owners would  blame
them for their poor advise . However if you are aware that this *Might*
happen and can live with that by all means do it .
I did this with one of my cars (much easier to do in a car ) and got 2
more summers out of it before I had to do the major rebuild O:-)
If you were to have the entire engine rebuilt ,you will save yourself a
lot of work in the end and have a very reliable engine
My 2 cents

--
David Drake
Toronto,Ontario