{Stus-List} Rudder Rudder Rudder

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Wed Feb 6 07:52:48 EST 2008

It’s not normal to have to do that but if your rudder leaks you have few
other choices, likely none…It is probably leaking around the rudder post
seal, which is hard to get at with out dropping the rudder but I understand
that with the proper tools and lots of patience it can be done while the
rudder is installed…it needs to be gouged out around the post a bit and then
filled with a sealant like sikaflex or 4200…also make sure the drilled holes
are made watertight before launch…my boat is a 1974 model and I have no such
problems yet

Dwight Veinot

1974 C&C 35, Alianna

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS