{Stus-List} Sailing last week - temperature is all relative!

Sam Salter samsalter at netkaster.ca
Wed Feb 6 12:32:19 EST 2008

Just spent last week sailing on the west coast.

Monday we sailed from North Saanich to Friday Harbour. Sailed through a
small snow storm that turned to some sleet in Spieden Channel.
Tuesday was rough sailing in San Juan Channel so we cut it short and
drank a lot in Fisherman Bay.
Wednesday was calmer and sailing to Roche was a pleasant day.
Thursday was also good sailing west of Stewart Island to Poets Cove.
However, customs was closed 'til May so we had to clear in Van Isle.
Friday we broad reached with the asymmetric all the way to Ganges in
sunshine.
Saturday was, as Jim said, "bloody cold" with little wind so we motored
back to Saanich.

However, while away my wife said the temp went down to -40 deg C (that's
-40 deg F for the yanks) in the foothills west of Calgary where we live.
So although it wasn't perfect sailing, I know where I'd prefer to have been!

Sam Salter
C&C 26 Liquorice
Ghost Lake  Alberta.