{Stus-List} Boat ownership costs..

Fred Hazzard fredh at ecsnw.net
Thu Feb 7 16:25:12 EST 2008

Boating is cheap (relatively speaking) in Portland, Or. But sailing is
somewhat restrictive as we can sail 100 miles to the ocean or 400 miles and
many dams to Idaho, but the river is only about 3/4 mile wide. To get to
really good cruising grounds in Puget Sound or in Canada requires a 135 mile
trip in the open ocean and a sometimes hairy ride down the straits of Juan
De Fuca.

For my C&C 44 the club membership, moorage at the club, electricity and bar
bill averages about $290/month.
No winter storage as mostly rain with little freezing here.

Bottom painting as needed at a local yard $29/foot to haul, prep, paint and
launch.  The yard lets us do our own work and must approve of outide
contractors with small mark up of their cost.

Fred Hazzard
C&C 44
Fury