{Stus-List} Boat Ownership costs

Gary Nylander gnylander at atlanticbb.net
Mon Feb 11 13:03:51 EST 2008

Steve, I'm unclear on why the turtle lovers are worried about Long Islanders
getting stranded, but there are a bunch of conflicts and paradoxes which
seem to crop up on a regular basis (regarding any big project). The latest
here in Maryland is a bunch of folks would like to erect windmill generators
on the mountain ridges of western Maryland. The bird lovers are fighting
them because they may shred some birds.  But..... what is better, dirty coal
fired powerplants or shredded birds?  It surely would be nice if there was
an arbitrator who could decide what is the "better good" in these cases, but
if it were left to the current powers that be, it would be whatever adds
another zero to the net worth of some gazillionaire.....

Oh well,

Gary