{Stus-List} Mr. Wizard Question re: holding tank venting

Indigo indigo at thethomsons.us
Sun Feb 24 09:48:20 EST 2008

I suspect, as others have suggested that, seawater is causing your problems. My tank has never seen seawater - at least in mine and the po's ownership time.  I only flush with freshwater - using the shower head, and never had an odour problem.  The only time I open the seawater intake seacock is about 4 times a year when I open and close it a few times to ensure it does not freeze up.

Try the fresh water approach first - using a fan will only move the odour and not eliminate it - may make the cockpit unusable when at anchor or mooring when the wind wafts the odour aft!

Jonathan
Indigo C&C35 Mk III
Southport CT