{Stus-List} BVI

Edward Newman ketch2 at charter.net
Sun Feb 24 20:48:45 EST 2008

Hi Bill.
I used Conch Charters in 2003 and it was a good experience with few
problems.  We chartered a 47 and 50 something foot Beneteau for ten
days during October (low season).  Both boats were clean, well
equipped with hard bottom dinghies and 15 hp motors. The only problem
was the big Beneteau had a dirty bottom.  There was no hassle when we
returned the boats.  It seems like the trip from the airport and back
was covered also (want hurt to ask).

We pre-cooked and froze all our meals and carried them with us (kind
of a hassle but cheap).   We had to declare a value and pay tax
clearing customs for the food.  Several of the Islands had some well
stocked stores and nice restaurants.  The boats come with grills but
you will have to buy charcoal and lighter.

I'm planning on going in October again this year and am looking at
Conch Charters again.  During the first ten days of October, the
Moorings sponsors the Interline Regatta which is an annual event for
international airline pilots and stewardess/crews.  They race from
island to island each day with big party after each race.  We don't
race.  We get up when we want; do some diving/sailing and make it to
the island and get a good mooring before the fleet gets there.  Then
we crash the parties.

Ed Newman
C&C 39