{Stus-List} LifeLines

Jake Brodersen Captain_Jake at cox.net
Tue Feb 26 19:32:50 EST 2008

Ralph,

I changed out my lower lifelines to bare SS a couple years ago.

Yes, I got complaints from the crew, but I put soft covers over the
lines where they hike out.  The bare wire will last longer and are much
easier to inspect than the covered wire.  I am not sure what the
offshore racing council (ORC) regs think of the covered wire these days,
they may prohibit it entirely.  I will be racing in ORC Cat I, so I will
probably go to all bare wire.  The boat looks good with bare wire and
you won't have any covered up problems, like rust and such.

Jake
C&C 35 Mk-III
Midnight Mistress
Hampton VA