{Stus-List} C&C 27-III with Bulb

Hoyt, Mike Mike.Hoyt at impgroup.com
Thu Feb 28 10:22:50 EST 2008

Bob/Dwight

Absolutely make your boat perform the best it can and work better.  Not
doing so would almost seem negligent in some ways.

The 27-III would be very interesting with extra draft and weight on keel
but is then a slightly different boat than the stock 27-III

An interesting story I was once told of the Niagara 26.  It was designed
for 4'4" draft but the first dealer before production began required
4'0" draft due to location of his marina and a nearby canal.  The boat
was therefore always produced at 4'0".  Same story with Kirby 30.  Both
of these boats would probably be better suited to modify the keels to
original designers specs (many Kirbys do).

... my problem is simply that as a handicapper I am always seeing what
is faster that costs rating time vs what is faster at same rating.
Putting Sandy in my boat would be the second of those ....

I really like the idea of electrical tape on inboard pole end.

Mike