{Stus-List} Installing a shower drain

Jim Watts jimwatts at shaw.ca
Thu Feb 28 21:44:46 EST 2008

Our shower setup seems to be factory: downward facing strainer intake on a hose so it gets down to the last 1.8", then through a fairly coarse water strainer, then to a diaphragm pump which pumps overboard. Manual switch, and the boat goes into timpani mode when the pump comes on. It's totally deafening. I got to clean out the PO's water filter, ICK. I wore gloves.
We try to use our solar shower as much as possible, but we're in BC, so the solar part sometimes doesn't work. We try and use environmentally friendly products since we are pumping it overboard, and we like to keep our part of the world as pristine as possible. Excuse the tree-hugger moment, but it is BC.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III