{Stus-List} now.. how to go faster

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri Feb 29 06:34:52 EST 2008

You know Ian, if you get the kind of crew weight that Ed referred to on the
windward rail it will be almost as good as adding more ballast; I think crew
is the best way to go if you can get the crew… and I believe by the rules
you are allowed at least 8 or 9 on your 29 -1…so get them on the rail when
going to weather and maybe even try a reef…For me on my 27-3 we hardly ever
had max allowed crew and we weren’t heavy enough so we were mostly always
light with moveable weight…that’s why I added the bulb and also a lot of the
time I sailed it was just me and her, or me and two little boys (my kids
were on the boat before they could walk), so I needed the boat to stand up a
bit better without a large crew…I wanted to get a 30 again, after I lost my
first one in a divorce settlement but the 27 was almost as much boat (space
wise) at half the price…anyway we got to really like the 27 and I was sad to
part with her

Dwight Veinot

1974 C&C 35, Alianna

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS