{Stus-List} FS 82 38' landfall

Leslie Paal lpaalcc32 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 12:28:31 EST 2008

Smart ones learn from other people's mistakes.

;-)

Leslie.

iceboater at comcast.net wrote:  Sounds like the wrong people to be taking marriage/sailing advice from!

From: Leslie Paal <lpaalcc32 at yahoo.com>
Agree (after one more than that.....)

;-)

Leslie.

Peter Deppisch <peter.deppisch at sympatico.ca> wrote: I knew a chap, avid sailor and racer, got married to a lady that seemed
to be enthusiastic sailor. A couple of kiddies came along and now the
pressure was on to sell the boat so that all the boat monies and
expenses could be invested in the kid education fund!
He was not a happy camper and I have lost track of the sailor so I don't
know the outcome.

Also knew a lady who loved to sail, probably still does. She got
married to a non-sailor. The hurt of not sailing was there every time I
talked to her. Also lost contact.

I sail and my lady does not. I sail and will always sail, at least until
age does me in, and no one better ask me to make a choice because the
choice will be you know what. But then there are no kids and there will
be no kids and we are very independent people anyway.

Giving up a boat is one thing - gi ving up sailing is another. One can
always sign up as crew on a racing boat at the many clubs in any sailing
area.

I would say that giving up sailing and giving up a boat is a very, very
tough road to travel.

Another story - this one from a marriage counselling book.

Two people very much in love! They got married. They had a kid. He
loved football. She loved opera. Neither was happy with going to the
other person's events. The split because there was not enough common
ground between them!
Sex and love and a child was not enough! Got a divorce! Stayed in the
same neighbourhood and raised the kid.
They each got a chance to meet a person who shared their main interest
in life!

If there are enough other common activities it may work but if not then
things will get very tough.

My 2 cents after two divorces.

Peter
S/V Tangerine