{Stus-List} Garmin Map 76s

Bill Connon bconnon at globetrotter.net
Sun Jun 15 17:06:50 EDT 2008

Listers,

I've been using a Garmin Map 180 with an older version of Nobeltec (ver
4.something) on my boat for several years. I recently bought a handheld
Map 76s mainly for use on my woodlot. I hooked the 76 up to the boat
laptop in case I needed a backup. Everything seems to work except the
upload/download feature. When I try to download waypoints from the
laptop to the 76, the names all change to "WAYPT" and the long/lat of
all the waypoints changes to 000/000. The same thing happens on my Win98
machine on the boat,as well as my Dell laptop and Gateway desktop
running XP Pro. The common denominator seems to be the 76 - setup
problem? - software switch? ANy help would be appreciated.

Bill
Caprice 1