{Stus-List} Throttle Cable Tension Adjustor

J. Peter White peter at cruisingnet.com
Sun Jun 22 15:04:58 EDT 2008

My throttle cable was split. The PO had but a number of clamps on it - I
thought he did this becuase the cable was spliting. However, I purchased a
new cable and managed to get it installed without too much difficulty. Now,
however, the throttle wants to stay at idle. I have a Yanmar, with a spring
internaly on the throttle. I now know that the PO had put the clamps on the
cable to put tenions on the cable shaft. so it would stay at whatever
throttle setting he put it at.

I suspect there is some missing hardware that counteractst the spring in the
engine, but I don't know what or where it would be. Anyone have any
insights?

Thanks,
Peter White
C&C 39