{Stus-List} More clouds on C&C/Tartan horizon.

Bill Coleman coltrek at verizon.net
Mon Jun 23 13:54:37 EDT 2008

Sad -

Just got this from the C&C/Tartan dealer in Vermillion

<<Dear LECCO members,

The factory has decided to close this dealership effective on June 30, 2008,
Tim Jackett explained to me that they will handle customers for new boats
with the factory sales department and avoid duplication of office expenses.
Replacement parts can be ordered through Art Averell at 440/354-3111.

Ken and I had anticipated that the factory might choose to do this and have
been discussing how best to respond to it.   As you might well guess, Ken
will continue with his company, Integrated Marine Systems (IMS.)  He has
been addressing the needs of the sailboat community in Lake Erie for nearly
35 years.  We hope that if you are considering any upgrades or repairs to
your Tartans and C&Cs, you'll give Ken a call at 216/496-8976.

I am a little less certain about which way I will go from here.  I have
strong relationships with the local sailboat dealers and brokers and may
decide to stay in the brokerage business for the near term.  If you want to
contact me, please use my cell 419/706-8186.

Ken and I wanted to tell you how much we have enjoyed working with all of
you.  If we can be of assistance, please feel free to call us.  We expect to
see you at the LETS rendezvous.

Ken and Meg>>

More digging turns up:
http://mako3700.blogspot.com/2007/06/still-no-response-from-bill-ross-of.htm