{Stus-List} leaky seacock- in water repair??

Rick Taillieu rtaillieu at eastlink.ca
Tue Jun 24 16:33:28 EDT 2008

Hi Dan, is a bad leak or just a seep from the valve?  If it's just a seep,
get some plumber's putty and put it around the leak.  It should hold until
the boat is hauled in the fall.  If it's a bad leak you could dive down and
put a tapered cork in the through hull, making sure it is sealed, then very
carefully replace the ball valve. You could use a softwood plug in the
through hull but it may swell too much and be very hard to remove.

Cheers

Rick Taillieu
Nemesis
'75 C&C 25