{Stus-List} Jabsco Par pump failure

Rich Knowles rk at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Dec 13 16:29:52 EST 2009

Tom.

If the fuse is blowing, that's a sign that you either have a short in the wiring or the pump is seized and the high current is blowing the fuse. Sounds to me as though you will have to get at the pump to see where the problems is. There may be a thermal breaker on the pump, but that would cause the circuit to go open and not blow the fuse, so I don't believe that would be the problem.

I suggest disconnecting the hot wire, likely red, at the pump and turn on the power with a fresh fuse. If the fuse blows, the problem is in the wiring before the pump. If the fuse remains OK, remove the pump and dismantle it to see if the impeller/rotor is stuck in some way. If you cannot clear the problem, maybe Santa will bring you a new one!

Meantime, let gravity do its work with the antifreeze. I don't think you'll have a problem in your area.

Rich.