{Stus-List} rudder help 35 MK I

Dennis C. captbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 08:35:38 EDT 2009

Joe,

I'll wait for Russ to answer but I think a 1.5 inch ID collar will work.  McMaster shows them in 303 and 316 stainless.  They might be a bit thinner than original at 9/16 inch thick.  We need to measure the original.  I'd also consider measuring the existing vertical positioning of the rudder shaft somehow before starting any work on this system.

I looked at Touche's collar this weekend.  Fairly rusty but did not look overly deteriorated.  The set screws looked clean.  I'm due a haul out soon.  I'll consider adding this to the work list.