{Stus-List} Window Re-bed how-to

Brent Driedger brentmd at highspeedcrow.ca
Tue Jun 2 00:19:56 EDT 2009

Hi and thanks for the reply. I wish I had it a few days ago. I did the
job sort of as described using Pluexus 40 minute open time type with
their air powered gun. It made the job a little less of a fire drill
and It worked out ok. After reading your reply what I did wrong is I
did not repair gelcoat that had chipped off hoping adhesive would
cover that up and 2nd I didn't put enough goo on the starboard side
(my 1st window)to have much squeeze out. As a result when a fat line
squall went over my house today providing perfect test conditions I
found a very small leak still on the starboard window bottom aft. My
thought is like you to mask off the window and squirt some 4200 into
the void then apply a bead around the inside glass too. I guess I will
have to make sure this seal is well maintained so freezing water or
damp core behind the window doesn't pop it out. Oh well, live and
learn. At least the product is local and if it does loosen up Ill try
again and this time I'll replace the glass with new, something that
was outside my exponentially expanding repair budget this time around.
My supplier was excellent and knowledgeable with the product. They
gave me the gun loan for free and didn't charge me the $55 extra for
the tube of Plexus which broke open under the guns air pressure.

Hey Stu, perhaps this would be a good instruction list for the
archive...

Brent
s/v (dry inside now) Wild Rover