{Stus-List} Vancouver information (Leslie Paal)

Barry Mason barry.mason at ubc.ca
Tue Jun 2 22:37:03 EDT 2009

Hi Leslie,

We live in Vancouver (downtown West End).  You could take public
transit if your travelling light  Its easy and cheap but will require
several transfers.  If you're not traveling light I suggest a cab.
At that time of day I would estimate $35 CDN depending on where along
Hastings you're going.

For Saturday morning, given that you are leaving in early afternoon
from Canada Place, I recommend renting a bike from one of many bike
rental places in the Denman St and Robson St. area (its not
expensive) and cycle around Stanley Park and the seawall.  Take a
picnic and find a cozy spot.  There is great picnic food at Capers on
Robson which is located close to the bike rental places.

The lookout building is Harbour Centre and its very close to Canada
Place.

Other options that are good include a walk around Granville Island or
there are trolley tours of Vancouver if that's your speed.

As you cruise under the Lion's Gate bridge in the early evening
picture my family motoring under the bridge into a stiff wind during
a strong ebb in our C&C 25.  It may not seem like it from your cruise
ship but we had green water over the bow as there are very steep
standing waves under those conditions.  Spicy indeed!  :-)

Cheers

Barry