{Stus-List} block island salt pond entrance channel

John and Maryann Read johnpread at comcast.net
Fri Jun 5 20:53:59 EDT 2009

I spoke with the PRO for Off Soundings.  He was advised the dredging was to be completed by the 12th.  We shall see.

On another note, the USCG in its infinite wisdom has posted a Notice to Mariners it is removing the two cans at the southeast point area of Block Island - numbers 1 and 3 - on or before the 12th of June.  That is troublesome for anyone in the area as 1 marks a general shallow area and 3 marks Whale Rock.  Recommend they be marked as waypoints in your GPS so you can stay outside their area.
John & Maryann Read

Legacy III
1982 C&C 34
Noank, CT