{Stus-List} Deck hand rails - make your own

Dennis C. captbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 08:00:17 EDT 2009

Symmetrical teak handrails are not hard to make if you can find teak long enough and have or can borrow a couple of common woodworking tools.  Here's the general process.

1. Find a piece of teak long enough and a bit wider than twice the height of your handrail
2. Create the loops by drilling holes with an appropriately sized hole saw and then connect the holes using a jigsaw and guide
3. Create the end rounds with a jigsaw
3. Use a router to round the loop holes, end rounds and the tops
4. Saw the piece in half on a table saw to make two handrails. If the bases have an angle, just tilt the saw blade.