{Stus-List} Garmin instruments

N7FN at aol.com N7FN at aol.com
Tue Jun 9 10:30:56 EDT 2009

I bought a Garmin GPSMAP 180 in 2000.  Sent it in to be repaired less  than
a year later, they sent it back.  I sent it back to them with the same
malfunction a week later.  They sent me a different, reconditioned GPSMAP  180
that had a different malfunction that I could live with.  Two years  later
Garmin had a dispute with the company that was making the map chips for  the
unit.  That didn't make much difference until I moved from Florida to
Oregon.  Garmin will not support the GPSMAP 180 with Micro G-chart chips  and I
am left with a bare bones GPS.  They would give me $100.00 off the  full
price of another Garmin unit of greater value.

Buyer Beware!

Would I buy another Garmin?  Probably.  They do make the best  featured
units available.

Does anyone know of a Micro G-chart for the Pacific North West for a Garmin
 GPSMAP 180 for sale?

Frank Noragon
S/V Cool  Change

Landfall 38, Hull  #001