{Stus-List} trimming...

Gavin Peters gpeters at deepsky.com
Tue Jun 9 10:38:57 EDT 2009

Anyone have any ideas on trim?  All ideas welcome, I'm trying to drive
my 30 Mk1 a bit faster upwind with a new sail.

I have a new 110% I sewed over the winter.  It's cut relatively low,
barely clearing the lifelines.  6.5oz dacron, with a sunbrella sun
cover.  I put my jib sheet through snatch blocks on the toerail; no
genoa track yet.

When I'm going upwind with it, I get a lot of leech flutter.  If I
move the block forward, I can stop the flutter, but now I can't put
much tension on the foot, and I can't point as high.  If I try to use
the leechline, I have to put a lot of force into it.

I've tried putting the block 7 holes forward of the cockpit bulkhead
stancheon, and that's I think too far aft; but 4 holes in front of
that is definitely too far forward...

Ideas?

Plan B is: put a garhauer genoa track on this winter.

- Gavin