{Stus-List} trimming...

kwalters at speakeasy.net kwalters at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 9 13:41:10 EDT 2009

Gavin,
If the luff breaks evenly and the only way to stop the flutter is tension the leech line to the point the
leech starts to cup to windward(which is not good) I suspect the sail cut is the source of the problem. I
wonder if insufficient head stay tension could contribute to leech flutter? Probably not the more I think
about it. When the 135% on my 33-1 does this I use just enough leech line to stop it, at which point the
leech is a little more cupped than I would like. This usually happens to me on a broad/beam reach, but I am
still going fast so I don't worry about it too much.
Ken

On Tue Jun  9 11:57 , 'Ronald B. Frerker' <rbfrerker at yahoo.com> sent: