{Stus-List} Flag halyard ideas?

Dennis C. captbuy at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 16:10:34 EDT 2009

I'm thinking about redoing my flag halyard.  I want more flexibility for different sized flags and more flags.

Right now my flag halyard has 2 pairs of brass snaphooks at set intervals which never seem to be right.  Also, the brass snaphooks add undesirable weight aloft.

As a former Navy member, I'm familiar with the system used on US Navy ships, which puts a single snaphook on the halyard and a ring to clip it to then the same on each flag.  The snaphook and ring are disconnected and flags are added as desired.  The halyard grows in length with the number of flags added.  This seems to work well.

Are there any other slick ideas out there?