{Stus-List} What to do with jib sheets when flying a chute andyouhave a RF jib

Walt Dickie waltd at crresearch.com
Thu Jun 11 13:55:08 EDT 2009

aka a Letter Drop or Letterbox Drop

-----Original Message-----
From: cnc-list-bounces at cnc-list.com
[mailto:cnc-list-bounces at cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bill Coleman
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 12:07 PM
To: wal at wbryant.com; cnc-list at cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: {Stus-List} What to do with jib sheets when flying a chute
andyouhave a RF jib

Yeah - The slot between your boom and main (loose footed, of course), It
pulls it against the back of the main and tames it.
I think it was intended for rough air, instead of the forward hatch, but
it works so good we use it all the time -on Symmetrical sails anyway, I
use the chute scoop which is on the asymmetrical.

Bill

Bill - I must have missed that post.  The "envelope" method?

Wal

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com CnC-List at cnc-list.com