{Stus-List} 36 C & C lines

dwight veinot dwightveinot at hfx.eastlink.ca
Fri Jun 12 07:47:09 EDT 2009

Conrad

For internal halyards, it depends on which side they exit the mast.  On my
35 the main halyard exits on starboard side of mast and the primary genoa
halyard exits on port side.  I have a group of swivel blocks on either side
of the mast attached to the mast collar on the deck.  In addition I have 2
spring swivel blocks anchored, one on either side and about a foot forward
of the mast, through the deck with substantial backing plates inside the
cabin.  I have 4 cabin top winches and 8 lewmar clutches and 2 cleats, for
10 lines lead to the cockpit.

I try to prevent lines from crossing each other on their way from exiting
the mast to their respective blocks at the mast collar and I don't want them
to cross on their way back to the clutches.

This works great on my boat.

Dwight Veinot

1974 C&C 35, Alianna

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS