{Stus-List} PC Based instrument Display

Prime Interest primeinterest at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 10:59:39 EDT 2009

In a recent sailing magazine a short article talked about a sailor using the
XO Laptop from the One Laptop Per Child / Give 1 Get 1
(http://laptop.org/en/laptop/index.shtml ) for it's ruggedness, WiFi,
somewhat daylight readable, water resistant, low power consumption. The
sailor had integrated with his electronics as was using it as a remote
display for his chartplotter and server integration.

The Give 1 Get 1 program cost $498 and, as the name implies, gave one to a
child in the 3rd world and shipped you one. This program is no longer
operating ( maybe again later in the year ) but you can find some on eBay
for around $240.

thanks

ed vanderkruk

s/v Prime Interest