{Stus-List} Throttle cable

David Knecht ATT david.knecht at uconn.edu
Sat Jun 13 14:56:57 EDT 2009

I think I have an issue with my engine throttle that I need help
with.  The maximum I can get out of my engine (Yanmar 3Gm) with the
throttle all the way advanced is around 2600rpm.  From reading these
discussions, I have realized that I should be able to get at least to
3000?  I played with it today and could manually move the throttle on
the engine to higher speeds, so I  presume this is a throttle cable
issue.  I tried to figure out how to shorten the cable at the engine
end to increase the position at max, but had trouble figuring out how
to adjust the connection and whether this is the proper way to solve
the problem.  There is a spring loaded connector attached to the
threaded end of the cable.  I think I need to loosen the nut and then
thread it on further, but it was really hard to do, so I want to make
sure this is right before proceeding.  Dave

xMasquerade (soon to be Callou! Callay!) - 1982 C&C 34
New London, CT