{Stus-List} 36 C & C lines

Gary Graham graham313 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 13 16:33:29 EDT 2009

Tony, are you planning to race your 36?

If so, I'd remove about 8 or 10 of those winches and cleats to get the boat on a weight diet. We have a C&C 35 in our racing class (17 C&C 35 Mark-1s in our one-design start at the Mackinac Race last year) that only has 4 winches (and he won last year)! Two on the cabintop aft and two in the cockpit. I went down to 6 winches with 4 in the cockpit.  If you are going to race your 36, and want to optimize your layout you can contact me offlist.

Gary Graham, Contender, C&C 35 Mk-1, Hull #144