{Stus-List} White Exhaust

Rich Knowles rk at ns.sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 14 17:59:47 EDT 2009

Sounds like a head gasket to me. Anti-freeze getting into the
combustion chamber will generally cause white smoke.

Rich Knowles
INDIGO LF38
Halifax, NS.

On 14-Jun-09, at 6:36 PM, paul waldeck wrote:

My 29-2 has a 2GMF-fresh water cooled engine.
This weekend after motoring for while I noticed white “smoke” coming
from the exhaust.
Have checked the raw water intake, water emerging from exhaust system
and coolant level. All seem normal.
After allowing engine to cool it was hard to crank but finally
started. Ran it at idle for about 20 minutes and began to get white
smoke again.

Any ideas before I spend money on a diesel mechanic.

TIA

CnC-List at cnc-list.com