{Stus-List} Hydrualic Backstay Adjuster...

David Risch davidrisch75 at msn.com
Sun Jun 14 18:41:03 EDT 2009

All,

I had my Navtec backstay adjuster rebuilt two seasons ago.  $600...but I figured I am good for 10 years.  I am preparing for the Marion-Bermuda race and in my mind I the last thing I need to worry about is the adjuster.

The boat goes in the water and lo and behold the damn thing is losing pressure.  I bring it back to the same guy (Navtec dealer) assuming some consideration and boom...$430 for new seals etc!!

He saids these things go...blah-blah-blah.  Am I crazy for expecting more than two seasons from a re-build?

Ugh.

David F. Risch

(401) 419 4650 cell