{Stus-List} Yanmar YSB12 Air Induction Tube

Steve Thomas sthoma20 at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 14 22:05:34 EDT 2009

Jake,

 The air intake tube is made of cast iron, about 2 inches in diameter, and
curved into a vertical semi circle that ends up facing squarely aft. There
is no air filter and no provision for one. It always looked kind of odd to
me, that the air flow would be turned 180 degrees like that with no
obviously compelling  reason. I figured that it might be "tuned" for
performance within a particular rpm range. Maybe it is just to aim the noise
toward the stern.

 The image in the link you provided is of a related but different engine.
The engine in the image has a vertical cylinder, while in the "YS" series of
engines, the cylinder is horizontal.

 Thanks,
         Steve