{Stus-List} Yanmar YSB12 Air Induction Tube

Rich Knowles rk at ns.sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 15 01:27:09 EDT 2009

A picture of your engine can be seen at:

http://annonces.romandie.com/annonces_photo_0_0_2516959xx69a22b65f23dc2932961a74d284e09cf.jpg

Many Yanmar engines were made for other than pleasure boats; tractors,
fishing boats etc. The intake runner may have been designed to keep
water and crap out of the engine or to keep the profile low. On a 12
HP single cylinder engine, I can't see it's length or shape having a
dramatic effect on performance. Try removing it and seeing how the
engine performs under load. If it still works well, you could either
modify the existing unit or have a new one made up to fit that would
give you more clearance for the sink.

Rich Knowles
INDIGO LF38
Halifax, NS.