{Stus-List} Hydrualic Backstay Adjuster...

Bill Coleman coltrek at verizon.net
Mon Jun 15 09:06:09 EDT 2009

I have a Sailtech that came with the boat - been working fine for 12 years
since then . . .

Bill Coleman
C&C 39

All,

I had my Navtec backstay adjuster rebuilt two seasons ago.  $600...but I
figured I am good for 10 years.  I am preparing for the Marion-Bermuda race
and in my mind I the last thing I need to worry about is the adjuster.

The boat goes in the water and lo and behold the damn thing is losing
pressure.  I bring it back to the same guy (Navtec dealer) assuming some
consideration and boom...$430 for new seals etc!!

He saids these things go...blah-blah-blah.  Am I crazy for expecting more
than two seasons from a re-build?

Ugh.

  <http://graphics.hotmail.com/greypixel.gif> David F. Risch
(401) 419 4650 cell