{Stus-List} Buying a boat out of state and bringing to Maryland

Gary Nylander gnylander at atlanticbb.net
Mon Jun 15 10:13:52 EDT 2009

When I brought my RV into Maryland, if I registered it within 30 days, I was
given credit for the sales tax that had been already paid in California and
didn't have to pay Maryland anything. Buying a car in Delaware (no tax
state) meant I got to pay the excise tax for Maryland. Yes, they will give
you credit when already paid. I think the earlier advice on trying to do the
transfer in Maryland will be your best bet.

Gary